Children's Rights Alliance
The Children's Rights Alliance is a coalition of over 90 non-governmental organisations (NGOs) working to secure the rights of children in Ireland, by campaigning for the full implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
The Alliance had an existing Drupal 5 website to which it wanted to make some modifications, including the addition of social media elements and improvements to the site structure and navigation. As Drupal 7 had just been released, Annertech recommended upgrading the website as part of the proposal.
The main aims of the project were to:
- Migrate all existing content, files and users from Drupal 5 to Drupal 7
- Create and implement a new design for the site, incorporating their specially commissioned cartoon drawings. The design is an effort to strike the balance of creating a design which reflects the primary subject of the organisation's work, children, and yet remains usable and professional for the primary users of the site.
- Build a resources section filterable by resource type and subject
- Provide a calendar to showcase upcoming events
- Develop a slideshow of featured items for the home page
- data migration
- site building
- website development